Sunday, May 18, 2014

Where Has The Time Gone

How can this be happening? My baby...my little 8 pound and 20 inch baby boy, Brody David, is going to Kindergarten in August. In the pictures below, he is proudly attending Kindergarten Round-up at Carmel. This is a time where all incoming Kindergarten students show up and meet the principals, the kindergarten teachers, get to tour the classrooms, the cafeteria, and get to take a little spin around the parking lot on the big yellow school bus. The parents have a chance to hear the attendance policies, get signed up for volunteer positions within the PTO, and hear from our school nurse about immunizations, illnesses, etc...

Chloe's Round-up was definitely hard for me since she was the first and I had no idea what to expect. My nerves were shot and I was just sad at thinking about her being in someone else's care all day besides mine. But in the back of my mind I knew this was going to give me and my Brody-man some good one on one time as well. 

I have SO enjoyed these two years of it just being the two of us. Don't mis-read that. I miss my girl when she is at school and there are many days when I would love to keep her home and just hang with her! But, I do love having that one on one time with Brody. He calls it our date days - the days he is not in Pre-school. He wants to just hang with me and play games, go to the park, sometimes just sit beside me and have me watch him play Star Wars on the iPad, or go to Chick-fil-A for breakfast after we drop of Chloe. 

So Round up this time was not nerve-wrecking as I am at the school a lot. I am an officer on the PTO board and will be again next year. I volunteer there a lot. I still walk Chloe in every single morning and eat with her once/week. I am very well known at the school, I know the routine and when something just isn't right. So the nerves aren't the issue. This time, the issue was that Brody is my baby!!! He is my little baby and I am just not ready to send him to Kindergarten. I don't want to send him off to big school on his own. I feel like I need him. I will miss having a little one at home to care for. I will miss it terribly! And I'm not sure what to do with that. 

Yes, I know soon enough we will have our other baby home through our adoption, but it seems like it will be forever. Truly! And that's a whole other post so I won't get into that here, but just know that while I am super proud of Brody for changing his mind and finally being excited about starting kindergarten (last year he said he wasn't going until her turned 19), my heart is tender at knowing that in a few months my baby will be walking through the halls of Elementary school on his own and making choices for himself without his mommy there to encourage the wise choice, and help him defend himself from rude people if need be, or navigate through new problems that may arise. 


Ready to go to Kindergarten Roundup

Brody with his best friend, (and neighbor), Kailyn. He loved riding the bus through the parking lot which is great since he won't ride it again except for field trip days! Sending him to school is traumatic enough - adding the bus to the mix?!? Kill me now! 


Spring picture proofs from pre-school

No comments: