Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's Officially Been ONE Month

Summer break has been in full swing for a full month now. In keeping up with documenting our weeks, here is what we have been up to for week 4.
I watched my friend Tracy's little girl every day this week. Her name is Kayla and she and Chloe are both 6 years old. They were at the same school this year, but had different Kindergarten teachers. The girls became friends when Tracy and I realized that we were both getting the same breast cancer treatment (Herceptin) at Vanderbilt and we had the same doctors and chemo nurse. We became instant friends and our girls did too.

So on Monday, I took the kids to my CrossFit gym with me and then because they were so well behaved there, we also went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and play time.
On Tuesday, I took the kids to Kids In Play. Brody's best friend, Carter, met us there so everyone had a friend to play with. We stayed for a few hours and then headed home to play some more.
Wednesday came and instead of making the kids sit through another CrossFit workout, I got up and went to the 0530 one and then took the kids to the free summer movie. We saw Mr. Popper's Penguins. It was cute and I think they all enjoyed it.
On Thursday I took the kids to wash the car, meet a friend at Starbucks for a quick Summer Refresher (my fave is Berry Hibiscus sub lemonade). I got some great time in with my dear friend Linda while the kids played on their iPads. Afterwards, I took them to the yogurt shop, Berry Bear for a treat. Then we went back to Kayla's house and the kids played while Tracy and I chatted.
On Friday, we did the summer reading program at the Library, went to Target and then met Tracy at Panera for lunch and to hand off Kayla.

It has been the best week. Kayla and Chloe really get along so well and are both such well behaved and just good little girls. Because of them, I have sang and danced to Taylor Swift more this week than ever. Those girls LOVE Taylor Swift!!! I see concert tickets in the future for them. Next week they are going to a camp together called Kids In The Kitchen and they are excited about that.

Brody and I have a busy week planned next week too as I get ready to pack and leave for Ethiopia. I will update again next week but just know there is a LOT on the calendar that isn't necessarily fun so I am going to have to come up with some fun little things to squeeze in for Brody.




1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com