Sunday, January 6, 2013

Book Lists

So in 2012, I did a lot of reading. My goal was to read a little more fiction this year and not so much intense /thought provoking material that I get out of the non-fiction that I read. I guess I just needed some light reading in between the other stuff. So, here is my list of books that I read, and what is on my list to read this year, and of course my book ratings!

1. No Easy Day - Mark Owen - 4 stars
2. Greater - Steven Furtick - 4 stars
3. Seven - Jen Hatmaker - 3 stars
4. Matched - Ally Condie - 3 stars
5. Where We Belong - Emily Giffin - 3 stars
6-8 Fifty Shade of Gray (trilogy) - E.L. James - 4 stars
9. Wheat Belly - 4 stars
10. The Harbinger - Jonathan Cahn - 5 stars!!!!
11.Love the One You're With - Emily Giffin - 3 stars
12. Growing Up Amish - Ira Wagler - 2 stars
13. Baby Proof - Emily Giffin - 3 stars
14. Something Blue - Emily Giffin - 3 stars
15. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn - 5 stars!!!!
16. Explicit Gospel - Matt Chandler - 4 stars
17. Behind the Veils of Yemen - Audra Grace Shelby - 5 stars!!!!
18. Swim - Jennifer Weiner - 3 stars
19. Heart of the Matter - Emily Giffin - 3 stars
20. A Cup of Friendship - Deborah Rodriguez - 4 stars
21. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - 3 stars
22. Through My Eyes - Tim Tebow - 5 stars!!!!
23. Not A Fan - Kyle Idleman - 5 stars!!!!!
24. What's Eating Your Child? - 4 stars


Only 9 of these books were nonfiction so I did pretty good at finding a good balance. I think out of this whole list, my very favorite nonfiction book was Behind the Veils of Yemen and Not A Fan (it was a tie), and my favorite fiction book was probably Gone Girl. I would re-read these o books for sure!!!!

So, what is on my list for 2013? Well, I don't know yet. I would love some suggestions. Right now I am reading a book my little brother recommended called The Lions of Kandahar about a huge battle that took place in Afghanistan in the same place that he has been for the past year. The book is absolutely amazing. Other than that, I have downloaded Gods and Kings by Lynn Austin. So, shoot me some comments about great books you have read and I should to.

No comments: