Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving and Then Some

Chloe had a super cute Thanksgiving Feast at school this year. Each child was assigned to bring a certain "food item" and I just so happened to be assigned FORTY PUMPKIN PIES!!! Yes, you read that right...40 pumpkin pies. Now granted they were the miniature kind, but still, I don't bake and have no desire to but I agreed to do them so I set off on the mission. First stop, Publix Bakery to see if I could pay them to make them. Ha! No really, I asked begged but they couldn't do it. However, they told me how to and I felt confident  like I had better make a practice batch to see if I could really pull it off. And I did. They were really really good and were kinda cute too. Haha!
Anyways, at the Feast, the kindergarten classes performed several songs and then were off to eat. It was a cute performance with some super cute Pilgrims and Indians. Of course there was the one pilgrim who had to go to the trash can as he was dry heaving, there was another pilgrim who sang at the top of her lungs like Honey Boo Boo, and then there was my little Indian who coughed and hacked through most of the songs...but I will get to that in another post.
I absolutely loved this "event" for the parents and felt so proud of Chloe and all the kids in her class. They did a fantastic job and worked very hard at learning all about Thanksgiving.

flashing that smile as she entered the cafeteria for the program

waiting oh so patiently for things to begin

Bailey...aka Honey Boo Boo. I couldn't resist taking this picture




Chloe and Cade enjoying their Thanksgiving feast

No comments: