Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween and All Things Fall

I LOVE fall! Autumn is the best season in my opinion and it makes me so happy. I mean, how can you not be happy when you pull out of your driveway and drive just about 30 seconds before you run smack dab into trees that are orange, yellow, and red. They are GORGEOUS!!! I could stare at them all day and still not get enough. Not to mention the cooler weather. Because of chemotherapy and the cancer pill I am still stuck with taking for another 2 years I have severe hot flashes. Like, the kind that your mom and grandma used to talk about and you thought they were exaggerating. I can promise you that they were NOT lying! They literally feel like your body in on fire on the inside and you can just be hanging on the couch doing nothing when they start. UGH!!! I digress... anyways, cooler weather is GLORIOUS!!! Also, pumpkin patches. Ooooh how I love going to the pumpkin patch with my kids. This year I went with Chloe to the patch with her kindergarten class and I was going to take Brody by himself but he did not want to go. Right then I secretly wondered if he could really be my child...then I remembered that I carried him for 9 months so I just chalked it up to him being like his daddy...even more!
Anyways, I have lots of pictures to share so sit back and be ready to scroll on through to see how our autumn of 2012 is going so far...

David and the kids at our church Trunk or Treat


Brody's best friend, Carter- he was a pirate underneath that coat





The chicken checking out the candy

my small group's "trunk" was from the movie Lorax


At school, Chloe had to dress like a character from a storybook so she chose LadyBug Girl from the book "LadyBug Girl and Bumblebee Boy."


Doing morning work before the Storybook Character Parade


Friends - Abby, Jackson, and Kinsley

Friend - Sean

Friends - Ella and Anna

Mrs. Campbell's kindergarten class

waiting for their turn in the parade

Chloe and Abby

The teachers dressed up too - these were from the Winnie the Pooh books

The kindergarten teachers were Pete the Cat

These were the 3 Little Pigs

And the office staff were all characters from the series of 
books "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie".

Chloe with Mrs Campbell - only THE best Kindergarten teacher in the State of Tennessee - no really, she is and she has the awards to prove it

Mrs Winters, Mrs Campbell, Mrs Tucker, and Mrs Wigington - OH, and I MADE those awesome Pete the Cat shoes. Just some poster board, paint, hot glue, and ribbon...and a whole lot of patience, experimenting and time.

getting ready to "shop" the neighborhood













No comments: