Sunday, November 11, 2012

Christmas Is Coming

So I have never been one to want to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving. As a matter of fact, our tradition since getting married has been to put the tree up the weekend after Christmas and watch Christmas Vacation after it goes up. We do that every year.
I am thinking about shaking things up a little this year though. I may put my decorations up THIS WEEK!!! I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am READY. Maybe it's the fact that it's dark by 6 pm now. Maybe it's because it is FINALLY getting cold in Tennessee. And maybe it's just because my kids are super excited and we just LOVE this time of year.  Regardless of the reason, don't be surprised if you drive by my house and it's the one all aglow by the end of the week. And don't be surprised if you are in my car or even in my house and hear Christmas music being played. Eeee!!!!! I am so excited just thinking about it all. I may even let the kids start watching Frosty...which is just crazy because they will want to watch it nonstop from the time I unpack it until I box it back up. They will be singing Frosty until next July!
So, what are your traditions when it comes to Christmas? Do tell.

Besides the decorating, here are the traditions for Team Blevins:
1. Chloe and I go to the Opryland Hotel for 2 nights and see the Rockettes while we are there. This will be our 4th annual trip.
2. Ernie - our Elf on the Shelf
3. Christmas Eve service at church and then we go to the lights at the river and walk through the display and then have our Christmas Eve dinner at...are you sitting down for this....? Wendy's!!!! Ha. That's right. We do it right on Christmas Eve night.
4. Bake cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa and make reindeer food to sprinkle on the lawn before bed.
5. Go shopping for a family in need.
6. Make Christmas Shoe Boxes for the Operation Christmas Child program.
7. Bake cupcakes on Christmas morning and then have a birthday party for Jesus after dinner.
8. Watch The Christmas Story multiple times. Poor Ralphie is going to shoot his eye out! Ha!!!

And I'm sure there are more that my brain won't allow me to think of because it really wants me to go to sleep instead of getting more and more hyped up at this hour.  And with that, I am going to close this computer and go to sleep hopefully dreaming of all things Christmas!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I won't judge you! I just made our house look like the North Pole threw up in my living room this weekend! Since we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, Daniel is in the USA working, the kids aren't off from school, and I will be at home crying while I watch the parade on the internet, I thought decorating the house would cheer me up a bit. I say do what makes you feel good and bring joy to your life. Life is to short to conform to rules that are just silly. I say DECORATE and be MERRY!!! Cheers my friend!