Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Official...Chloe Is A Kindergarten Student

Today marks a big day for Team Blevins...specifically Chloe. Today, August 13th, 2012 was her first full day of school! She woke up at 6:00 AM ready to go. She couldn't wait to get out that door and into Carmel Elementary. She had her breakfast and then, without me telling her to, got herself dressed. She decided that she wanted two ponytails as her hairstyle and decided to change her earrings to a pair that would match her shirt. She chose her Hello Kitty Keds and was then anxiously anticipating the time to leave home. At 8:00, I loaded up the van with her, Brody, her school supplies and lunchbox and set off. We got there about 10 minutes before they opened the doors so we sat in the car just talking about how her day would go and where the car pick up line would be. And then it was time to make that long walk up the sidewalk into the building....
Her teacher, Mrs. Campbell was out in the hallway at the entrance waiting on all of her students to arrive. She greeted Chloe with a huge smile and gave me a big hug (she knew this was my first child in school). We took Chloe's things to her room and then returned to the entryway to wait on the rest of her classmates to arrive. Mrs. Campbell reassured me that Chloe would be great and that I would be okay too and then she told Chloe to tell me goodbye and to give me and Brody hugs. And with that...I made the even LONGER walk back out to my car. Luckily, as I was leaving, a huge downpour started so we stood at the door and kind of watched Chloe to make sure she was okay (OF COURSE she was!!!). And then I trekked on and started the day with my little man. This is going to be a huge adjustment for me. I've had her home for 5.5 years and it's definitely weird to have her gone from 8:30-3:45. I have clock-watched ALL day long, however, I have thoroughly enjoyed my special time with Brody. He has never had me all to himself so this has been a fun day for the two of us.
Here's to praying for a wonderful first year of school and to the beginning of an exciting journey  of education, friendships, etc...