Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tagged...I'm It!


I've been tagged! I admit, I kinda like tags because you get to share some fun things about yourself that others wouldn't ever know, AND you get to learn tons of new things about other people. So, at the end of this post, if I tag you, play along and let me learn some new things about you! Here we go...


{The Rules}
1. You must post the rules.

2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!



{11 facts about Kelly}
1. I am left-handed...none of my siblings are, neither of my parents are, and neither of my children are. I'm the lone "south-paw." 
left handed scissors...


2. I am counting down the days until The Hunger Games comes to the theater. I read the whole trilogy in a span of about two weeks which says a lot since I have two pre-school age children at home with me all day every day. No worries, I still found time to feed and bathe them :)




3. I LOVE talk radio and could not tell you one current song on the radio now because of that.


4. I take piano lessons every Tuesday. I took lessons and played for 8 years in my childhood and decided to get back into it last year. Lots of things have changed in the past 18 years but I am learning SO much more.


5. I moved to Ohio in 2003 on a traveling nurse assignment and met my husband at church during the first week I lived there. We got engaged 6 months after our first date and got married a year after the engagement. We've been married 7.5 years to date!




6. My son Brody who is 3 years old comes into our bed every night around 2:00 AM and crawls in to cuddle up with me. He is "mommy's baby!" And I secretly LOVE it!




7. I hope this one isn't one that people don't know about me, but I love Jesus and make it my life's goal to be a true follower of Him, not just a fan! (read the book called Not A Fan!)




8. I sleep in my contacts at least 4 nights/week...and they are only daily wears.


9. I got a stuffed puffalump pig when I was 8 years old and slept with it every night for 25 years...until it basically disintegrated. Poor piggy!


10. I grew up in North Carolina where I lived very close to all of my family. And now the closest family I have are my in-laws who live 4 hours away in Georgia and the furthest is my brother and his family who are a VERY long flight away in Washington.




11. Next month is three years since I had my first mastectomy to remove the Stage 3 aggressive breast cancer...which means next month I am a three year survivor...which means in 2 years I will be considered CURED!






{My questions for you!}


1. Favorite Blog you follow? My favorite blog to follow is my sister-in-law's blog...Life's A Dance
2. Favorite Pandora radio station? Even though my pic up there shows Pandora, I don't actually listen to it...I'm all about 99.7 and 88.3.
3. Last thing you ate? Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding
4. Last thing you bought? gas
5. Favorite date spot? The Melting Pot 
6. Pets?  Do you have any?  If so, what are they? We have a 7 year old cocker spaniel named Cabot.
7. Favorite book you have read? Oooh, OK, I have to break this down into categories. Fiction: Hunger Games (the whole trilogy). Nonfiction: Not A Fan.
8. Favorite kid friendly apps {if this applies} or favorite app in general? Kid-Friendly: Scribble Naughts. Mine: Words With Friends
9. Who is your favorite actor / actress?  Why? Patrick Dempsey (McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy) for the sole reason that he is quite hot! Really...I can be THAT shallow. At least I am honest though, right?!?
10. Favorite baby names? boy & girl... Well, besides the obvious Chloe and Brody, my 2 next favorites, and ones to be chosen if we have more children, are Jack and Molly
11. Favorite Sunday afternoon activity? sitting in the big comfy chair and vegging out with my Kindle

OK, and now my questions for those who I am tagging are:
1. Chocolate or Vanilla?
2. What is your profession and is it what you always wanted to do?
3. Where is your dream vacation locale?
4. Favorite food/recipe...and feel free to share the recipe!
5. Favorite Scripture or quote?
6. First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word "diet."
7. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what's 1 thing on it?
8. What is your favorite color?
9. Last movie that you saw?
10. One pet peeve you have is...?
11. One thing that makes you smile is...?

And now...the list of those I am tagging. Wait for it. Wait for it...
2. Amy
3. Kristi
5. Emily
and...that's it for me. I am breaking the rules by only tagging 5 people and not 11 (that's a lot!) Rebellious, I know! 

2 comments:

Emily Doss said...

Ok I just finished mine. It was fun. Thanks for tagging me....I'm sure hoping to get out of a blogging rut in 2012.

Kimberly and Jordan said...

About to do mine..I just saw your tag!