Saturday, January 21, 2012

Book Ratings - Kelly Style

So, I LOVE to read. I read anything and everything (almost) that I can get my hands on. Bookstores are like a second home to me, although my Kindle has drastically decreased the amount of time I actually spend at the bookstore now. (Side note: i am absolutely in LOVE with my Kindle Fire). I get several magazine subscriptions which are great for when I take those hot baths a few times per week. I also get new books for Chloe and Brody often and they also love reading/being read to. You get the point...reading is an essential part of my life. So, you may ask, what do I have on my Kindle right now? I'd be glad to share it with you and also let you in on my personal book rating system. It's nothing professional, but certainly worth looking at :) Enjoy...
Have Read and Rated:
1. Beautiful Outlaw - John Eldridge - 4 Stars
2. Grace for the Good Girl - Emily Freeman - 5 Stars
3. Not A Fan - Kyle Idleman - 5 Stars
4. The Shack - WM. Paul Young - 5 Stars (have read this one twice)
5. One For the Money (the first 2 in the series) - Janet Evanovich - 3 stars
6. Decision Points - George W Bush - 4 Stars
7. The Help - Kathryn Stockett - 4 Stars
8. Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins - 5 Stars (will read again before movie in March)
9. Imperfect Justice - Casey Anthony Trial - Jeff Ashton - 3 Stars
10. Sun Stand Still - Steven Furtick - 5 Stars

Reading Now or Getting Ready To Read (trying to get more fiction in this year)
1. Three To Get Deadly - Janet Evanovich (would love to get through whole series)
2. The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women - Dawn Dais
3. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer
4. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
5. Jesus + Nothing = Everything - Tullian Tchividjian
6. Through My Eyes - Tim Tebow
7. Feminine Appeal - Carolyn Mahaney

My Goal is to Read 25 books this year alone so I have quite a ways to go in expanding my list of currently reading or going to read. If you have any suggestions, leave a comment and feel free to rate your recommendation based on my system :)

2 comments:

Emily Doss said...

I didn't consider myself a fast reader (or didn't make time for it...) until I got my Kindle for Christmas and I've already finished 2 books and have started 3 more.

Last year I read Organized Simplicity & would give it a 5 on the Kelly scale.

I enjoyed Her Mother's Hope & Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers they would both get a 4.

Safely Home by Randy Alcorn is my all time favorite Christian Fiction and I need to re-read it, it's been awhile.

I have just gotten a book by Jennifer Hatmaker and am thinking I will enjoy it, but haven't gotten far enough to give it a rating.

Also Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist has started out to be a great read...but I'm only a few chapters in. I have the hard copy of this one and it's gotten lots of hi-lights and underlines already.

Kimberly and Jordan said...

I second Emily on the Jennifer Hatmaker book. I got her devotional book "Out of the Spin Cycle; Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load" for my MOPS SS. I previewed and it made me smile. Four stars.