Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 So Far...

So far, so good. 2012 is going to be a great year for Team Blevins...if not naturally, then we will still choose to find the good in every single day. That is something that I am working on with our kids. Each night we talk about our 3 favorite parts of the day and then our 3 least favorite parts. I love how this opens communication even at the pre-school ages and allows them to reflect on their day. I love the saying, "Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day." I think I may adopt that as the new Team Blevins motto.
So, this year the big thing that is going to happen for our family is that Chloe will start Kindergarten. It's hard for me to type those words, much less even think about walking her in to school that first week. Wow! I don't know how all the other moms in the past have done it, but I get teary eyed just thinking about sending her off into the world...especially a world where there are lots of other kids whose parents I don't know, who may have been raised with different values, and who may just be down right mean. I can hardly bear to think about my Chloe ever having her feelings hurt by another child although I know it won't be the end of the world. I just love her so so much and want to protect her from every single hurt that may come her way. I've had 5 short (sometimes long) years with her here at home with me and I feel blessed! When she was just a few months old, I was praying and asking the Lord if I was really meant to be a stay-at-home-mom and immediately I could feel in my spirit him telling me that I have 5 years to shape and mold her into the little lady that he wants her to be and that my only job in those 5 years was to be the best mom that I could be. I hope I haven't failed him or her.
I have debated on sending her to a private Christian school, the Clarksville Academy, and homeschooling. I've prayed about what to do and I just don't think that any of those are the answer. I've talked with our pastor's wife about it and she has reminded me that Chloe is a light of Jesus. That she is going to be a light in a dark place and she may be the only light that a lot of those kids see. When I think of it like that, I love it! I love the thought of Chloe radiating Jesus in the public school system. So, in my soul, I am at peace with sending her to the new elementary school that is just down the road from our house and is being built right now. I'm hoping her two best friends, Kirk and Hannah, will be in her class, but if not, I'm praying that she makes new friends really fast.
Oh geesh, and here I go getting teary eyed thinking about her at "big girl school" not knowing anyone in her class and being scared. I have to stop those thoughts though because Chloe has never had an issue meeting new friends and going new places. As a matter of fact, she has recently told me that I cannot come have lunch with her at big school unless she invites me to. She has also told me that she can walk into her class by herself because she does it now at pre-K, and she has begged and begged to ride the darn bus to school which I have told her NO repeatedly. We finally compromised and I told her that she could ride the bus on field trips :) She was fine with that.
So, that is the big thing going on in 2012 for us... along with some traveling plans in the works for this year!

No comments: