Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2006

Guess what I was up to FIVE years ago today!!!

LABOR!!!

That's right. Five years ago today I was at Gateway Medical Center in labor with my first baby and dying to meet her! It was not only my due date, but my induction date also! However, when I went in for my induction, I was already contracting every 2-3 minutes (I had no clue) so they admitted me but didn't start any meds. After 12 hours of this and only getting to 4cm, the doctor decided to go forth with Pitocen and speed things up a bit. Chloe had other plans.

Eight hours later, I was still only 4cm, she wasn't dropping at all, but her heart rate was occasionally. That was when the decision was made to proceed with a C-Section. So, around midnight I was wheeled into the OR, scared yet excited....nervous yet peaceful, knowing I was about to meet her.

At 12:28 AM on November 15th she was here. Chloe Grace Blevins was welcomed into our world. She was 7 pounds 14 ounces and 21 inches long. When the doctor delivered her, his exact words were, "I have never seen a baby born with so much hair. WOW!" It was true, my sweet angel had the most beautiful black hair that was already covering her neck. The nurses called her a china doll. We called her our blessing. It would be 3 hours later before I would get to hold her for the first time because of some rapid breathing that she was having. She leveled out though and then barely left our sight for the next 3 days in the hospital.

Five years ago my life changed forever. Five years ago my heart grew exponentially. I cannot believe that my first born will be 5 years old tomorrow (technically in 5 hours. ha!).

No comments: