Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Letter to Chloe (with some pictures)

Sweet Chloe,
Today you are 5, or as you like to say, you are a "whole hand" while you hold up all 5 fingers. I cannot believe it! Where have the past 5 years gone? It seems like just yesterday we were driving home from the hospital with you and I was thinking "oh no, what do I do now?" I was scared to death even though I had been a pediatric ICU nurse before having you. I learned that everything is different when it comes to having your own child. My heart grew bigger than I could have ever imagined and it melted every single time I looked into your eyes.
You are such a little lady now. You absolutely LOVE fashion and all things to do with it including purses, jewelry, shoes, tights, etc... Dressing up to go anywhere is one of your favorite things and you will stare into your closet until you find JUST what you want to wear. It never fails either that you come out looking super adorable, but then again, you are adorable regardless!
You also have an athletic side to you. You just ended your second soccer season and scored 19 or 20 goals in just 6 games and blocked numerous goal attempts by the other team. You dribble the ball down the field beautifully and you love playing. My favorite thing this season was that every time you scored you would look at me on the sidelines and give a thumbs up. I LOVED doing this with you! AND...you are also a little natural at gymnastics. You have been taking for just 3 months and you have already been asked to join the pre-competition team by two different instructors. I love watching you do cartwheels, jump on the balance beam, and flip over the bars. You are really improving each week and I am so proud of you.
You also LOVE to learn. About 3-4 nights each week we sit down and do "homework" out of a Kindergarten curriculum, yet you are just in Pre-K. You are just so smart, and meticulous when it comes to school work. You told me that when you finish the Kindegarten book that you want to go on and do the 1st grade book because you already knew how to. Aaah, you are studious, just like I was. I loved to school and learning and I hope that you will continue to also!!!

All of these things make me happy and proud, but do you know what makes mommy the most proud of you??? It's the fact that you LOVE Jesus and have a heart that hungers for Him. I love when you ask me questions about Jesus, God, Heaven, etc... When you asked me about being born again, I nearly exploded with joy. God is drawing you to Him and it is my prayer that you will become a follower of Christ early on and really learn to live life with full dependence on Him. He is all that you will ever need Chloe and I can promise you that He will NEVER let you down. You just place your trust in Him and everything else in your life will fall into place. He is all that matters!

Chloe, you have been a complete joy over the past 5 years and I am so grateful that God chose me to be your mommy. You have blessed my life in more ways than you will ever realize. If I could keep you this age forever, I would! Really, I would. However, since that is not an option, I will look forward to watching you grow over this next year physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Happy 5th birthday sweet girl! I love you to the moon, sun, stars, planets and back to the earth!!!


1 day old


5 years old!

1 comment:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

Kelly, such a beautiful letter! I got the idea from you...or someone...haha!