Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sleepless In Seattle...not really

Over Fall Break (as if either of my kids need one being preschoolers and all) we ventured up to visit my younger brother, Jordan, SIL Kim, and their baby Adalynn - who Brody has loving started calling "Adal-poo". This was a bittersweet trip for many reasons but most of all because it's the last time I will have to spend with Jordan until after he gets home from deployment. He leaves for Afghanistan in a few short months for a 12 month deployment.



Other than that though, it was a bittersweet trip because:

A. I LOVE my family! Not kidding when I say this, I have got to have the 2 best sisters-in-law hands down. I couldn't have chosen better for either of my brothers. They are the sisters that I never had growing up and I am thankful for them. So, I already miss Kim too! She is certainly the "hostess with the mostest!" No really, she is. And, she is responsible for my new obsession with the VitaMix. Thank you Kim for that nearly $400 obsession :) We are both "juice making moms" yet I have been on a different type of juice fast lately...the kind that means I am fasting from even making the juice. Eeek! I HATE my juicer because it's so dang time consuming and difficult - but now, having met Mr. VitaMix, I hate my juicer even more! It's for sure on my list of MUST-HAVE's.
THE Vitamix! Soon to be my third child :)

B. I miss my sweet sweet niece Adalynn. I mean I really miss that baby! She has got to be the most happy, laid back, content 12 month old I have ever seen (although Brody was super content as a baby). Chloe and I visited them when Adalynn was 4 months old so there is no memory of us at all, however...when she saw Chloe, it was like her BFF was back in town. Those two were inseperable. It was cute to watch them interact. Brody even joined in on the fun but he has made it clear that he is "mommy's baby" and he does NOT want another baby. I think he even got a little jealous at times of Chloe and Adalynn playing together as he had to vie for his big sis's attention. However, he was sweet with Adalynn and as soon as we headed back to the airport, he was talking about missing his "Adal-poo."

Adalynn- 4 months old and Chloe with matching bows


Adalynn 12 months old with Chloe 
Chloe was excited...she picked out matching Halloween jammas for her and A


C. I LOVE LOVE LOVED Seattle, Dupont (the town they actually live in) and Olympia. Seattle is just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!! Not sure why I never did a travel nurse assignment at Seattle Children's while I was still singe and working, but maybe it's because I would have NEVER wanted to leave. No really. The Public Market is heaven on earth. Not kidding. I have never in my life seen such beautiful fresh produce, vibrant (and cheap) flowers, and an array of all sorts of food (and people) gathered in one place.




These flowers at a florist at least $50, here at the market, $10


Pike Place was fun...it's the fish throwing market. I think I liked this more than the kids did and had I been there without them, I may have even tried my hand at the fish toss/catch. Or at least I like to think I may have...I'm not really keen on touching big huge dead fish. Anyways...
After the Public Market, we headed to Seattle Children's Museum where we spent a few hours letting the kids play and explore. Again, a GREAT place!



On to Dupont. Let's just say this is the best life-style community. I would love to live in a community like this. It's small, has it's own post office, school, library, Starbucks (duh), restaurants, and pretty much everything else you can think of...all within walking distance. It really is it's own little community. Lots of parks and running trails, and just super quaint.

And finally Olympia - the capitol. I LOVE downtown Olympia! It's adorable. We walked around there one day, hit up an upscale baby consignment shop, had lunch at my favorite little deli again (best tomato basil soup), and enjoyed the cool rainy day.




 All in all, a perfect trip with great family, amazing cities, and perfect memories made...except I, well really Brody, may have scared Jordan a little when he saw how terrible the THREES (not the twos) really are. He's already prepping himself for when Adalynn turns 3 :)

No comments: