Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ladies of Legacy 2011

** wrote this a month ago and forgot to post**
This was my second annual Ladies of Legacy retreat in Gatlinburg. Briefly, this group was started 11 years ago when 4 of the gals decided they needed a break from life and took a short weekend trip to relax and come back refreshed. Over the past 11 years, the group has grown from 4 to 29. This year was the largest group. We stay in a huge cabin nestled in the mountains and generally we have one roommate. Of course we come from all over the place so generally the Clarksville Crew grabs the bottom floor of the cabin while the Nashville Natives get the top floor. The middle level is the living area where we spend most of our time. This year was awesome as there were a bunch of new gals and a new way of doing things. The only things that are mandatory and scheduled are the Saturday morning session which always goes along with our theme...this year it was Leaving a Legacy of Grace. And then we are free until the evening session which are breakouts...you can choose 1 of 3 different themes to sit in on. This year I chose Living in Joy. After that session, we have a time of worship and then we bust loose. This year I even took on the challenge of doing Just Dance 2 on the Wii and am proud to report that one of the gals told me she had never seen anyone do it so perfect! Of course it was my fave song that I had only done a million times before but whatever! We stay up late that night and just have fun. Then on Sunday we have breakfast together and communion before we all leave and go our seperate ways home.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend. If you are interested in going next year, please let me know. I would love to bring a new person with me!



No comments: