Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Am I Crazy?

So, am I? Am I totally crazy? I have signed up for another 1/2 marathon for September 24th. It's the Women's Half Marathon in Nashville and I am so excited about it...but also a little leary as I still have the memories of the first one I ran in Clarksville and how painfully long and hard things got around mile 10 and especially at mile 12. I'm telling you that the final mile is THE LONGEST one ever. However, crossing that finish line, getting that medal, and feeling a huge sense of accomplishment is worth every bit of training and time that this will entail.
A few advantages that I have this time are: I'm not training during chemo or running during radiation treatments so I should have more energy and endurance this time around. I have a running coach and have joined a training group so I will have several gals to do my long runs with this time. And, the medal is so amazingly awesome...hot pink with a music note as the medal and in the middle of the music note is a round piece that pops out and can be worn on a necklace chain as a charm. I will be honest. Seeing the medal is about 60% of my decision to run another 13.1 mile race. The other 40% of my desire is the fact that last time I missed my goal by exactly 1 minute. I knew then deep down that I would eventually HAVE to try again.
So, here is to running for the next 12 weeks...if you see me out and about, don't honk because I am so uncoordinated that I may trip, fall, and get run over trying to see who you are. HA! Remember, I am the one who has fallen off a treadmill once, almost fallen off another time, and have fallen off an eliptical machine trying to talk to my neighbor at the gym.

3 comments:

6L's said...

kelly, you crack me up about falling, lol! please don't do that! congrats on your decision to run!!!

Kimberly and Jordan said...

Kelly's that great!! We should plan to do a race together someday!

MOM said...

You go girl!