Saturday, May 14, 2011

Names are Being Changed to Protect the Innocent...

So tonight, my friend E called and asked me if I wanted to go with her for a pedicure and then have our hubbys and kids meet us at the Mexican restaurant afterwards for dinner. Sounded great to me so she came and picked me up and we set off.
Aaah, the pedi was so relaxing! The perfect pedi in the most quiet and relaxing environment with one of my best friends...what could be better? Oh, I know...the dinner we were going to have afterwards with our families.
And that's when the dream ended...
We get to the restaurant, get the kids all settled in, get everything ordered for everyone and begin waiting for our food. Well, my plate came out first and as the server sat the plate down, he knocked over my glass of water which spilled all over the table and onto E, her cell phone, the floor, etc.... He stood there for a second and then ran off. We assumed he was going to grab towels, but he NEVER came back. Well, that's not true, he actually did come back about 5 minutes later with everyone else's food stacked all the way up his arm and looked at us like we were dumb when we told him he couldn't put anything else down until the table was wiped up (we didn't even have napkins to do it ourselves). About that time, our original server came out and stood and just stared at the mess. Finally, after J had some verbal exchanges with the servers, they got some towels (and he didn't say anything ugly...he just said what we were all thinking...clean up the flippin mess or give us some towels and let us do it). During this whole process mind you, our whole section was looking at us, and our unruly kids in the booth across from us. Anyways, we finally get the mess cleaned up, and Brody comes over to our table and spills the chips all over the floor. REALLY!!! I kid you not. Then he steps on a few of them to boot. Now I was really feeling like everyone was looking at us like we were a bunch of hoodlums who shouldn't be allowed in public. Then, Chloe proceeds to tell me 3 times very loudly that she had to "pee pee mommy." So, I take her to the potty and there are a few other ladies in there. When Chloe gets ready to flush, she says, "wow mommy, this is the coolest flusher ever!" I heard some muffled laughs under the stall as Chloe went on and on about the flusher.
So, we return to the table and wrap things up so we can get out of there. The only great things that happened at this place were that J and E didn't have to pay a penny for their meals which is awesome, and we came away with another awesome memory with some of our best friends.
Oh, and on the way to the car, Chloe fell face first in the parking lot and scraped her knees, and hands and screamed like a banshee.
Whew...what a crazy night! I wanted to go back the the nail salon and request a manicure when we were done with dinner so I could relax a little more.

No comments: