Thursday, April 21, 2011

Double Trouble

So for 2 weeks now my kids have been sick. It started with Chloe having an asthma flare up along with strep throat and an ear infection. After 20 days of antibiotics and several other meds, she got completely better except for a lingering cough. Brody got sick a little over a week ago with a bad cough and green snotty nose. I took him in to see the pedi and she started him on Zyrtec with instructions to call back if he wasn't better within 5 days. Today, I decided that I should probably call about both kids since they are both still coughing like crazy (to the point of vomiting), and Brody is also still snotting everywhere. I took them both in today per the advice of the nurse and they both now have sinus infections and are both on Omnicef for the next 10 days. I can't believe we made it through the whole winter with everyone well and now spring is kicking us. Tennessee weather is crazy!!!

Speaking of that, here is how exhausted I was last night. We had tornados come through Clarksville, the city sirens went off, and what did I do??? I slept through the entire thing. Had no idea anything had happened until I got on Facebook this morning and saw that we should have been in our downstairs bathroom last night around 1:00 AM. Believe me when I say that I have thanked God immensely today for His protection last night. Also, a house in our neighborhood was struck by lightening this morning around 5:00 and I slept through the firetruck and police sirens!!! What in the world?!? Their house is totally destroyed. Very sad to see. We didn't know them, but when it hits that close to home, it's easy to see just how easily that could have been our house. Again, thank you Lord for protecting us!

Anyways, I am having camera connector difficulty and can't get my camera cord to work hence no pictures lately. Grr! Totally frustrating. I will keep working on it and see what I can do. Until then though, no pictures.

No comments: