Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

So I am venturing out on a whole new journey. One that is about me for a change and not about my kids...although they will also benefit. I am on a mission to lose about 30 pounds and have been trying to figure out the best way for me to do this. I finally did!!! I am signed up with a personal trainer every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 12 weeks, and I have found the perfect website for meal planning! During my blog reading the other day, I came across a really neat website that I am going to call "every mother of young children's dream". The actual site is called Plan To Eat and you can get to it by clicking this link: http://www.plantoeat.com/. I highly encourage you to at least go visit and sign up for the 30 day free trial. Worse case scenario, you hate it and it's still free. Best case scenario, you love it, and sign up for a full year (and it IS cheap!).
So, along with this new venture, I am also starting what I call "menu planning Monday." Each Monday, you will see what my family and I are eating for the week, and if you want recipes, I will add a link to the side...but I will need you to request them via a comment because I certainly don't want to type them all out for nothing. That would be wasting the precious time I am supposed to be saving :) And just so you know, I am pre-bagging all snacks, cutting up most produce, and getting meals together on Sunday nights. Here are a few pictures:


pre-bagged snacks (almonds are behind the grapes)

all snacks placed in a bin


our dinner in a bin with all of the ingredients


and the the bins in the fridge...ignore the messiness of the refrigerator.

So, here's the menu. Are you ready?
Monday: Breakfast: Banana Cream of Wheat, 10 grapes
Lunch: English Muffin Melt and a Salad with vinegar and lemon dressing
Dinner: Roasted Flounder with Tomatoes, Best Ever French Beans
Snacks: Orange with almonds, Kashi bar

Tuesday: Breakfast: Whole wheat toast, Southwestern Egg Beaters, Strawberries
Lunch: Fruit Salad (just fruit all mixed together) and English Muffin Melt
Dinner: Bench Press Bell Peppers, Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Snacks: orange with almonds, carrots with strawberries

Wednesday: Breakfast: Egg Beaters, whole wheat toast, strawberries
Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken breast, fruit
Dinner: Mandarin Orange Chicken with Balsamic Roasted Broccoli
Snacks: kashi bar, almonds with orange

Thursday: Breakfast: Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich, grapes
Lunch: fruit salad, shrimp quesadilla
Dinner: Chili
Snacks: orange and almonds, carrots

Friday: Breakfast: Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich, strawberries
Lunch: salad with chicken breast, strawberries
Dinner: Leftover chili
Snacks: kashi bar, almonds with grapes

Saturday: Breakfast: Banana Cream of Wheat, Grapes
Lunch: Fiesta Turkey Mini-Tostados, fruit
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Smothered Nachos
Snacks: Carrots, Orange with almonds
Most of my recipes came from Whole Foods, Real Simple, or Biggest Loser...FYI

1 comment:

Kimberly and Jordan said...

Kelly-your new blog is fabulous! This meal planning absolutely rings my type-A bell:) I actually just came across the plan to eat website via www.kitchenstewardhsip.com. You go girl!