Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Snow, Go Away...

I do actually love snow... really, I do. However, when it starts affecting/cancelling my kids' school, that's when the rocky relationship with snow begins. This year especially, we have missed many many Tuesdays and Thursdays. Those are 2 of the most sacred days of the week to me (besides Sunday). These are the days when I get the things done like grocery shopping in peace, running errands in peace. These are the days that I get a little time to myself. These are the days when I can pour into my relationships with friends over a cup of coffee, and a visit or phone call. As of late, I have not had ANY time for that stuff. Instead, I have had to reorder my days and go grocery shopping on Saturday with every other person in Clarksville. I am spending my Tuesdays and Thursdays breaking up little scuffles, canceling appointments I have, and figuring out ways to entertain without having to leave the house. This means lots of arts and crafts. Lots of patience. Lots of hot baths in the evenings when David gets home.
So, in the most loving of ways, I please with you snow to just GO AWAY and STAY AWAY.

No comments: