Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What is White, Steep, and Has Lots of Tracks?

SUGAR MOUNTAIN LAST WEEKEND! David and I took off last weekend to a ski adventure with our friends from Georgia and South Carolina. A big thank you to my parents for watching the kidlets so that we could have a fun getaway...a much needed one at that! On the way to my parents house (a 9 hr drive), we stopped in Asheville for about an hour to let the kids run around and get out some energy. I captured some really cute pics of that. Asheville has really grown and changed since I lived there 10 years ago.
Anyways, on Friday, David and I headed to the mountain to get a half-day of skiing in before the others arrived. We skiied for about 3 hours down the green and blue slopes (easy and moderate) and had a great time. I haven't skiied in 7 years so I knew it was going to be somewhat of a challenge but it was kind of like riding a bike...you never really forget. Admittedly, I did get a little nervous when David took me up on the blue slope without telling me we were advancing to the next level. I had to stop and literally pray for at least 3-4 minutes before I would ever turn my skiis downhill. Then, once my confidence got there, I took off slow at first and then just went with it. It was the best time!!! I did fall 4 times, but 3 of those times were on purpose because I just couldn't slow down quick enough to stop. David, a super great skiier didn't fall at all. He did an awesome job. After leaving the slopes, we went back to the mountain home we were staying in (thank you Bertinis!) and met up with our friends. We spent the rest of the evening catching up on everyone's lives and having a Just Dance 2 faceoff. Not to brag or anything, but I got the high score! Ah yeah! Sarah Markwell gave me a serious run for my money though. She and I may end up on So You Think You Can Dance...watch out!
Saturday, the whole crew went skiing...except me. I was super sore and my arm was swollen so I sat in the lodge and read my Kindle all day. It was glorious...truly glorious! Everyone had a great time and after getting back home, showering, and getting ready, we went out in Banner Elk for a little dinner and Memphis basketball. Afterwards, it was back home for some more Just Dance 2 and a board game.
Enough talk, here are some pictures, but first... Scott and Sarah, thank you for inviting us on this trip and for opening up your mountain home to us. We cannot wait to be able to go again. Sarah and Chris... thanks for emailing these pics of our trip. I'm totally lame and didn't take any! It was so awesome to see y'all again. We for sure want a dance faceoff next time. Team Blevins vs Team Markwell...Outkast! Get ready. Theo and Chrissy - so happy for y'all and the engagement! Congrats again and hope to see you when we are in Atlanta visiting family.


View from the house



Guys getting their groove on. L-R...Scott, David, Theo, Chris

Shake it boys!


Group shot on Saturday

Brody collecting leaves on our stop in Asheville


Window shopping


Throwing his leaves up in the air!


And...picking them up again


Asheville's community full of shopping, restaurants, and housing


Making a bouquet of leaves for Grammy

No comments: