Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chloe-isms and Brody-isms

So here is a light hearted post for a change. Time to get the laughs started back. I'll start with Chloe. She is my funny little girl who doesn't even realize that she is being funny. Here are a few of her latest "Chloe-isms..."

1. Mommy, I'm weak. Do you know what that means? It means I need a brownie to get my strength back. I replied that I absolutely knew what weak meant and that you get your strength back from sleep. She replied, "mom, you get your strength from sleep, but mine comes back from brownies."
2. Mommy, you have 2 boobies now. When will they look like mine? I said, "well, they won't. Yours will look like mine one day when you are a big girl." She said "oh no, will they have cuts on them and will I have a drain?" Aaaah, too much for my sweet little one to grasp right now.
3. Brody, you are my favorite boy because I like to play puzzles with you.
4. Mommy, you are my best friend and favorite girl.
5. But mom, I do NOT want to wear that plain shirt. All of my friends wear shirts with pictures on them. I want a shirt with a picture on it. Can you go shopping today and get me some? I can't go to school if my shirt does not have a picture on it. (all said while stamping her foot and crossing her arms)
6. Mommy, who is God's mommy?
7. Brody, you will get a spanking if you disobey. You better eat your food and not tell mommy "no" or she will get mad. You need to act like me.

Chloe has earned the nickname "Chloe the Pharisee" when it comes to her conversations with Brody because they always involve...you should do it more like me.

And now for Brody. He is my sweet, funny little guy. He will do silly things to make us laugh. He strives to be funny and laughter makes his heart happy. If things get too serious, we can always count on him to lighten things up a bit. Here are some Brody-isms.

1. We came out of Chloe's dance class last night and it was dark. He said "uh-oh mommy. Who turned out the lights?"
2.  Mommy, I will jump off my stool onto the couch and bonk my head. Watch me mommy, it's funny.
3. Every morning I ask Brody which cartoon he wants to watch and he replies, "mickey mouse, handy manny, cars, woody, buzz, and caillou." Geez, not watching toons all day my little friend.
4. Chloe, you be Paulette and I will be Gary. (those are David's parents names!)
5. Mommy, I not your boy. I Op-Op's boy and Op-Op's buddy and Granny's doll (that is my dad and david's grandmother)
6. A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-L-L-L-P-twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are (yes, he totally combines the songs)

Well, I hope this light-hearted post put a smile on your face as it did mine while I typed it out. My kids bring such a joy to me and even though it is the hardest job on the face of the planet, I would not change it for anything. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to talk David into letting me home-school them. Eeeek!

1 comment:

6L's said...

this did bring a smile to my face. i loved them all! :) precious!