Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Week Ahead

Generally, I use this blog only for family writings and all things kiddie related and keep all cancer stuff in my other blog http://www.kellysjournal2009.blogspot.com/ However, I think this is worth putting on both blogs. This week, beginning today, we celebrate lots of LIFE. I'll explain...

Today, August 17th, 2010 marks my 1 year anniversary of being done with chemo. Yes, last year, I was getting my 16th and final round of chemo. Here's a few pics to show where I was and where I am now.

July 16th - chemo birthday party


August 18th, Brody's 1st birthday party



October 10th - Race for the Cure in Brentwood



July 4th - St Louis zoo with my favorite baby boy ever!


July 4th - leaving the Arch with my favorite little girl


Now tomorrow we will celebrate Brody's 2nd birthday. Cannot believe my baby is 2. These have been the fastest and sometimes slowest 2 years of my life, but one thing is for sure...he has brought so much joy to my life through the suffering I have been through. Here are some pics to show his growth along this past year...(sniff sniff)



November 2009


April 2010


May 2010


Recent. Can you believe what a big boy he has grown into these past 12 months??!



And finally, David and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary this Saturday, August 21st. In six years we have survived learning how to live together, moving to a new state, building a home, have 2 children, and cancer. It's amazing the grace that God has poured over us and how he has protected our marriage. 70% of couples will divorce when cancer enters the picture...a very sad, but true statistic.

So, happy week to Team Blevins!!!