Saturday, February 27, 2010

Valentines Day Party

Well, I decided to do something a little adventurous this Valentine season. I was just trying to follow in the footsteps of my good friend Amy who used to live here and who also threw some of the BEST kiddie holiday parties you could ever imagine. Seriously, they were so awesome. So...since she and her family have up and moved to France (ok, ok, I'll cut her some slack - they were PCS'd there by the Army) I decided to take on this little project. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but I will say that we had a great time. There were about 9 kids and 6 adults, heart shaped PB&J sandwiches, heart shaped individual pizzas, chocolate covered strawberries, regular strawberries, sprite with red ice cubes shaped like hearts, and of course plain cupcakes for the kids to decorate. Oh, and I had taco vegetable soup for the adults. It was a great time and I think all of the kids enjoyed themselves as did the parents.


The table setting


These were placemats for the kids to decorate while they waited for their food


From far head of table going clockwise: Hannah, Haley, Miguel, Chloe, Kirk, Natasha, Cedric, Joey


Brody was too little for the table so he had his own seat on the floor where he was most comfy

Decorating placemats


Hannah and Haley eating their cupcakes


This is Chloe's cupcake decorating...LOTS of sugar!!


The candy bar: each child filled up a bag of candy for part of their party favor

No comments: