Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy 18 Months Brody

I simply cannot believe that my baby boy is already 18 months old. Seriously...how DID that happen. It seems like just last week I was bringing him home from the hospital and wondering how in the world I was going to manage a newborn and a 21 month old. And now...well now, he is one of the greatest joys in my world. I love this baby boy with a love that I thought was impossible. Really, before he was born, I wondered how I would ever be able to love another baby as much as I loved Chloe. Everyone assured me that it would happen but I just didn't understand it. That is...until I held him for the first time. I really can't explain the love...all I can say is that I love him and Chloe the same amount, but it's just a different type of love. Maybe that's the whole daddy's little girl and mommy's little boy meaning. Anyways, he is the sweetest natured, most loving playful little guy and he loves to be held and cuddled. So, here's a few things that my little man is up to now...

** he weighs 24.5 pounds (the exact same weight as he was 3 months ago)
** he is 32.5 inches long (he's grown an inch in 3 months)
** his percents are 31% for wt and 57% for height
** he is speaking in 2-3 word sentances and has a total of about 20-25 words already
** he can count to 3
** he loves to pick up toys when we start singing the clean up song
** he does have moments of the worst temper tantrums you could imagine, but they are few and far between
** he is a mommy's boy totally
** he's given Chloe her nick-name. It's CoCo. That's what he calls her and it has stuck
** he still sleeps 12-13 hours each night and takes about a 3 hour nap
** he loves to eat but is starting in on the picky eater phase
** he LOVES to take a bath and anytime we take his shirt off, he immediately starts squealing "bath bath"
** he knows about 8 body parts already
** he loves cars, trucks, dogs, climbing on everything he can, and playing with Chloe

As you can see, he is getting to be such a big boy and it's hard to even think about him turning 2 this summer. If I could keep him this stage and age forever, I may just do that.

Brody's masterpiece

Wagon riding in the snow

This was at our Blevins Family Movie Night. I left his shirt off because I knew he would get food all over it and I preferred to NOT have to change his PJ's again.

And this is my favorite...Brody and my dad (Op-Op) have some sort of unique and special bond that is hard to explain other than Brody totally loves his Op-Op.

No comments: