Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Well Thanksgiving this year is not at all what we had planned. Our plan was to have David's parents, grandmother, and his brother's family come to our house from Atlanta and spend 4-5 days with us. We were super excited to have them all here and watch our kids get to know our nephews. It's been a year since they have all seen each other and at their age, they have no memory of that last meeting. Anyways, everyone was able to come and have fun, but Chloe and I missed out on the first 2 days of activities. We were in the hospital until the day after Thanksgiving. But, when we got home, we had lots of great quality bonding time. Chloe and William played great together and Gage and Brody kind of got left out and played by themselves a lot. That was okay though because they are two of the most "go with the flow" boys I've ever seen. We had a great time with David's brother and sister-in-law and were able to catch up after a crazy busy year for everyone. I so wish we lived closer to family so that our kids could grow up around their extended family. That's one thing that I look back and cherish about my childhood. I did live close to my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc... I spent the night with my Nannie every Friday night and played with my cousins all of the time.

Anyways, staying true to my personal holiday tradition, Chloe and I woke up Thursday morning and talked about what we are thankful for. Here's the list to the best of my memory:
Chloe - mommy, daddy, Brody, cabot (the dog), trees, Jesus, Dr. Seawell, blankie, flowers, her birthday party
Me - JESUS and my relationship with Him, my wonderful family who have been my lifeline through this year, my health (never again to be taken for granted), my amazing friends who have supported me through the hardest year of my life, our military and their families who sacrifice so much for us everyday, my amazing team of doctors and nurses at Vanderbilt Cancer Center, and again, my Jesus because without Him I would have never made it through this great test of faith and suffering... I just really love Him!

I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and took the time to reflect on the blessings in your lives and not focus on the circumstances that may be less than pleasurable right now.

I'll post some pictures from the weekend when my sister-in-law gets them emailed to me.

No comments: