Saturday, November 7, 2009

13.1

That is how far I ran today. That's right...I ran my first ever Half-Marathon! It was exciting, nerve-wrecking, painful, miserable, thrilling, and joyous all at the same time. Honestly, the first 10 miles were okay, then at mile 11 I went into "let's just get this over with -I'm never doing this again" mode. BUT THEN...after seeing my hubby at the finish line cheering me on, seeing lots of friends cheering me on at the sidelines, and a LOOOOONG hot epsom salt bath at home, I have decided to undertake another one in March or April. I guess it's true that races are addicting as I've already researched when the next one close to us is.
Here are some pictures from the day.



Me and Erin before the race



Before the race


Erin and I are the pair right behind the second telephone pole. At this point we had about 0.1 miles to go


Crossing that beautiful finish line



WOO-HOO!!!! DONE...


Relief


The medal pose

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Kelly, I haven't visited your blog in a while - I've missed out on so much! Darling Halloween pics of the kids. And I love that you and David dressed as Chloe and Brody - so clever. You're such an amazing mom and inspiration to us all. :)

5L's said...

congrats for finishing! you rock! and look at all that hair on your head! :)