Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lots Going On

Last week, my parents came back for a visit while David went out of town to visit his brother and have a "guy's weekend." They got here on Wednesday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. It was soooo nice to have them here and visit with them. I felt good the whole time they were here except for the dreaded Saturday (when the chemo steroids wear off and I hit a brick wall.) Every Saturday is like that though so I knew what to expect. However, Friday was awesome (with the exception of my hubby leaving). David left that morning to go to Atlanta, and a bit later we packed up the kids and went to Chuck E Cheese. 3 adults and 2 kids...they were outnumbered and totally manageable. We stayed a little over an hour and then headed on to Kohl's and Chick-fil-A for lunch (we didn't eat at CEC). After that we came home and the kids and my parents rested and I went and ran on the treadmill 2.7 miles. I'm telling you that on Fridays (since we added more steroids to the regiment) I still have the steroids in my system and feel fantastically energetic...almost crazy. Then Saturday I got up and had a massage done that morning and came back home where I stayed in bed until dinner time. Sunday was church (which was AWESOME) and I took my parents back to the airport. Chloe cried for about 10 minutes after we dropped them off and kept saying "grammy, op-op come back please." It was HEARTBREAKING! I finally calmed her by explaining that we would be going to see them at their house soon. She responded by asking if she could drive the plane's steering wheel when we went and I just told her yes to make her happy. Now she will probably throw a holy fit when we board the plane and she doesn't get to, but I'll deal with that then.

Anyways, let's see...oh, Brody has begun standing without holding on to anything for about 10 seconds at a time. He will be walking soon I'm afraid. I can't believe that the baby can even be old enough to do this already. Time has flown since he arrived last August. He's cutting 2-3 teeth right now too which is not going well at all. He's absolutely miserable and it's so sad to see him in pain. I'm praying they hurry and break through so he can have some comfort. Also, I'm thinking he is allergic to cheese so I stopped giving it to him and will do a "cheese challenge" in a few more days to see if that's the culprit. If not, it must have been a GI virus (which is what I am praying).
Chloe is doing well. She's been super clingy to me lately which honestly I'm really enjoying. It's a new thing that has happened since I was in the hospital last month for 5 days. She clings to me if I leave her (which makes it hard), but as soon as I walk in the door, she is THRILLED to see mommy!!! She will run up and throw her arms around my neck, ask if I went to the doctor or to chemo, and will kiss me. She has the biggest heart! She actually told me the other day that that she would be right back because she had to leave and go get chemo and then rode her car up to the top of the driveway and back. It was really funny since she has no idea what she is even talking about.
That's all for now. Enjoy a few new pics (they are coming when my battery charges up)

No comments: