Friday, November 7, 2008

The Best Day Ever!

OK - I can't really say that it's the BEST day EVER, but it ranks pretty high up there. I'll just run through what all I did today...

First off, after getting everyone fed and Brody down for his first nap, I started cleaning like a mad woman. I mean mopping, scrubbing, etc... Aaaah, it felt so good to do that. While at it, I decided that I would go one step furthur and clean my oven. BIG MISTAKE!!! I do have a self-cleaning oven but somehow the dang thing caught on fire! I mean flames everywhere in the oven. I panicked but did turn the oven off and immediately called around to find out if fires can happen when using a self-cleaning oven. I was told "no" but hey, there's a first time for everything. After that debacle, I got everyone dressed and ready and we headed out to Silke's Bakery and met up with a friend and her little boy for lunch. It was fantastic!!! Then, we came home and I put both kids down for their naps and I continued cleaning. Just as I was about to wrap things up and do the last bathroom, Brody woke up. So, I went and got him, fed and changed him, and then we played for a very long time. He was giggling out loud, kicking his legs like he was going somewhere, and just having a big time. It was a blast! After that, David came home early so that Chloe and I could have a girls' night out. WOO-HOO!!! I had mentioned a few nights ago that I really miss having that one on one time with her and that I want to start doing something special with her a few times/month. So, he surprised me by coming home early so that she and I could set out on our little adventure. Of course, it landed us at Toys R Us where we finished getting things for her birthday (I love being able to shop for her birthday with her being with me and she not have a clue), and one extra surprise for being such a great big sister to Brody (by the way, she was a little upset that he was not coming with us for our girls' night out). After that, she wanted a cupcake so I headed to Food Lion and got a pack of cupcakes for her and then she wanted a balloon so I got her one of those too. She was in heaven and said "thank you mama". We laughed and were silly during our whole outing! It was such a blast. Then we came home and rejoined the boys for dinner, a cupcake, and an episode of Word World. FUN TIMES!!! I am looking forward to our next girls night out!

2 comments:

Kristi Taylor Askew said...

How darling is your family?! I love Chloe's artwork, and I love the idea of a GNO with her. I need to do that with Clara for sure. How fun that you got to cuddle with a naked and swaddled baby Brody! Those times are priceless and embedded in our memories for us to cherish forever. :)

Kelly said...

Kris, you HAVE to do a GNO with Clara! It was a great way to just be in the moment with Chloe and make her feel extra special.