Thursday, October 30, 2008

Voting...

Well, I did it...I voted today! I absolutely love to vote as I really believe that it is a privelege and responsibility so I do not take it lightly. I research the candidates thoroughly (although this year I didn't really have to in order to make the best decision)and on election night, David and I usually watch the coverage on FOX news. It's always very exciting!
This year, I just have a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me cringe when I think of where this country could possibly be headed. Maybe it's because my little brother has been in Iraq for nearly a year and still has several more months to go - I don't want his time there to be in vain as I don't believe in just giving up after all the progress that has been made (which will never be aired on our liberal media) and lives that have been sacrificed. Maybe it's because I am already thinking ahead to how things may be when Chloe and Brody get older. It really matters to me who is elected and the morals and values that they have and display. I have really been praying about it and ask that everyone do the same. I guess that the peace that I have found is that no matter who wins the title of President of the United States of America, that God will always "out rank" them.

1 comment:

The Richards Family said...

good for you! now we just pray hard, cross our fingers and wait! :)