Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy 2 Months to Brody!!!

WOW!!! I cannot believe that my baby boy is now 2 months old. These 2 months have flown by so fast. He's doing great and growing like a weed. I'm guessing that he is 23 inches by now and 11 pounds...I'll know for sure on Thursday at his 2 month check-up. He's sleeping great! We get him ready for bed around 7:30 and he falls asleep shortly there after. Then we give him a "dream feeding" right before we hit the sack and most of the time he doesn't even wake up for it. Then he will sleep on until 6:00-6:30 the next morning. So...we are looking at right around 8-10 hours of straight sleep. LOVE IT!!! He's starting to smile all of the time now when I talk to him. He knows his mama for sure! He's also starting to make a few cooing noises.

On to Chloe now...well, we experienced our first really really really bad temper tantrum at the mall tonight. And did I mention that it was REALLY BAD?!? So here's what happened. She grabbed my chapstick out of the diaper bag and started smearing it all over her face and hands. Then she started digging into it with her fingernails so I took it away from her. Can you believe what a terribe mother I am? Oh, the horror. Well, then it started. She started out just crying and protesting by yelling "no no no no..." Then she threw her body into it and started flailing around in the stroller - thank God I fastened her in this time! Then came the all out screaming bloody murder - and it was an "I'm really ticked off" scream. So, we started heading towards the car which of course was at the other end of the mall. Along the way, we ran into our worship minister from church and his wife. We stopped briefly to talk to them and found out that they were wondering who the screaming kid was that they heard...yep, that would be Miss Chloe! Proud to say that during this entire tantrum, I kept my cool and actually had to smile at some points because it was just too much. We made it to the car and of course she was fine then. Wow - she's not even 2 yet. I think my hands will be full in the coming years.

Here are some new pics from this past week. Oh, and I will be back on Thursday to post Brody's stats after his pediatrician appt.



Chloe's halloween outfit...I think it's cute and David thinks it's tacky. Chloe doesn't care either way.



Chloe in her "sock monkey" pajamas. They are flannel and so super cute on her! She looks so grown up in them...I think we laughed for 20 minutes after I put them on her.



This is what Mr. Brody thinks of tummy time...



Look at those baby blue eyes...I so hope that they stay that blue.



This morning Chloe and Brody were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together. I cannot believe that they actually have the VERY SAME expression. That's the most that I've seen the similarities in them.




Another picture to show off how long he is...will find out for sure his length at his 2 month check up on Thursday. I'm guessing at least 23 inches.

1 comment:

The Jenkins Family said...

It seems like Brody is doing great for 2 months...basically sleeping through the night! It does not get better than that! I really admire you for doing what you do. I can't imagine having 2 little ones, and you make it look very easy (especially with everything that has happened over the course of the last 2 months)! Oh, with the tantrums...Chloe E. is starting to do that too...isn't it fun!?! I have learned to kind of ignore it, but it is not very easy to do that when you are out in public. I am just praying that I will get through the next two years. I heard 2 and 3 is kind of rough! We will survive though :) Glad you guys are doing well!! PS--I love Chloe G.'s outfit! Totally cute :)