Wednesday, August 13, 2008

As If A Dog Weren't Enough...

Today started out as a normal day for the Blevins family. David set off to work while Chloe and I started our morning with an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and breakfast. After we finished, we got ready and set off to run a few errands. We ran to Wal-Mart for a couple of items and then over to Hobby Lobby for some scrapbooking essentials. I am going to try very hard to catch her scrapbook up before Monday. Anyways, she was so good during the errands that I decided to take her to PetSmart to look at the animals. We started out with the cats which she LOVED, then made our way to the birds and hamsters. She was completely mesmerized by the birds and kept batting her eyes when they would fly in the cage near her. It was really fun to watch. Anyways, after a while of that, we made our way to the fish where I decided it would be really fun to get her a fish...don't really know where the idea came from, but here I sit now, with a fish. He's really cute I guess. He is a red betta and we decided to name him Oscar - okay, Chloe didn't have much say in the name, but she didn't say "no" when I asked if she wanted to name him Oscar. I am sure that David is going to be very surprised when he gets home and sees the newest member of our family and realizes that while the newest member should be the baby, it's just a fish.
Hopefully Chloe will enjoy Oscar and more so I hope that we don't kill him in the process of trying to get him acclimated to his new surroundings. Chloe has already tried to dip her hand in the tank and pet him. Poor Oscar...I really don't think he stands a chance... Pray for him.

1 comment:

Kristi Taylor Askew said...

How fun to have a fish! We have a newt, and it is WAY out of reach from Clara as I know she's smoosh him in an instant.
We let my BIL and SIL and their two kids (4 and 6) fish-sit while we went on vaca a year ago and my BIL divulged that their kids dumped a 2L of coke in fish's tank. Bye-bye fishie.
I'll pray for Oscar for sure! :)