Saturday, April 19, 2008

First Trip to the Zoo!


The baby play mat area







Chloe playing in the big kid area for a minute



A very very sad pout when leaving the zoo - honestly, she fell asleep with this expression and I thought it was too cute not to take a picture of



Monkey - this monkey actually had a stuffed animal he carried around



tons of gators



Koi pond



Chloe's favorite!



Chloe feeding her baby a french fry


So yesterday, 4 of my girlfriends and I set off to Nashville with all of our kids (12 total) for a day at the zoo. The weather was perfect...74 degrees, nice breeze, and sunny. We arrived to a parking lot full of school buses that we later found out carried 1500 school children, and there were also tons of other moms with strollers. We spent nearly 5 hours walking around the zoo seeing all of the attractions. Chloe did phenomenal...as did all of the other kids. She stayed in her stroller with no complaints, took a nap through the animal exhibits that she didn't care for (neither did I), and then woke up to eat and see the animals that she knows. Her favorites were the monkeys, elephants, and giraffes. She kept pointing and trying to tell me something about the animals although I have no idea what she was saying. It was really cute. She also had her first carousel ride! She wouldn't sit on any of the animals though so she and I took our ride on the stationary bench. She really didn't like it either for some reason. She crawled in my lap and buried her head in my shoulder for much of the ride. Occasionally she would look up to see if we were still moving, and then it was right back to my shoulder. Hmmm...I wonder if she was feeling dizzy. It was slow to me, but to a 17 month old I can see where it would be a tad fast.
Also at the zoo is a HUGE playground for the older kids and a smaller area of padded mats for the babies. Chloe and I crawled on into the baby area and she was off to play. She ran around on these huge mats and would fall face first on purpose and then just cackle. She had a ball! She was climbing on things and rolling around kicking her legs. She even ran with her mouth wide open and tongue hanging out as she was so excited. My friend took video of this with her camera so as soon as she emails it to me, I will send it on to you all.
Anyways, all in all, the day was a success! We got home around 4:00 and she was in bed at 7:00 with me following suit shortly there-after. I didn't realize how tiring it would be after 5 hours of pushing a stroller with a 26 pound baby in it while being 22 weeks pregnant. Whew! YAY for some serious exercise.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Wish we could have been there. Maybe next time. Adam didn't like carousel's at first either. He pretty much had the same reaction as Chloe. Now he loves them.
Amy

Kristi said...

Kelly, so much fun! Glad you had a good time and that Chloe was such a good girl for you. So sweet.