Friday, March 14, 2008

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

So this morning was Chloe's first Easter Party ever! My friend Amy hosted the party at her home and I must say that I was blown away at the decorations, activities, and organization of it all. When we first got there, the kids all played while the moms mingled and got to catch up with each other. Then, the kids all sat down at 2 large tables and were able to decorate a piece of scrapbook paper with tons of Easter and springtime stickers. Chloe is at a point now where she loves stickers. She wants them on her hands, her shirt, her papers, my hands, my shirt etc... She had a blast. Then, we all fixed lunch for the little ones and ourselves. Chloe ate a cheese sandwich in the shape of a bunny and she even used a fork for the first time ever. I broke the sandwich up in bite size pieces and she was able to pick each piece up with her fork and feed herself that way. I was impressed...I guess she has seen us do it enough that she just picked up on it. After lunch, we decorated cookies with icing and sprinkles. Chloe chose an egg shaped cookie. I put the icing and sprinkles on it and she licked it all off...then ate the cookie once the icing was completely gone. She was a mess!!! But she enjoyed her treat. She never gets sweets so we'll see how this affects her naptime. After the cookies, the kiddos hunted easter eggs. Chloe found several all by herself and put them in her own little bag (made by Amy!). All in all, we had such an awesome time! Amy, if you are reading this...thank you so much for your hardwork in planning this party. It was a blast!!!



Putting stickers on her artwork


Working very hard at getting those stickers on there


Decorating her cookie


"MMMmmmm....I love cookies!!!"


Hunting easter eggs

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So darling! She looks like she's having a blast! So glad you had a good time. And congrats on the use of the fork! Fun times ahead. :)

Amy said...

I am glad you guys had fun. Thanks so much for coming! I emailed you a couple of pictures I took. I got a great shot of her icing covered face. Love it!
Amy

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to see Chloe and squeeze her!