Friday, February 8, 2008

Mom to the Rescue

So this week was great! My mom flew into town on Sunday evening to stay and help me for the week. I was still feeling somewhat drained and worn down from the previous week so she came to the rescue.
On Sunday night, David and I were able to go to watch the Superbowl with some friends while Chloe stayed at home with Grammy. It was nice to watch our friends chase their kids and know that we could sit back and relax. We really enjoyed our time with them.
On Monday, mom and I took Chloe to play at the library and then for lunch at Chick-fil-A. After Chloe's nap, we took her out for a stroll around the neighborhood thanks to the 70 degree weather that we had. She really enjoyed being outside for more than 5 minutes. I even braved it and took the dog too. He desperately needed to get out and walk off some of his energy.
On Tuesday, we took Chloe to Mommy and Me class at the library which was interesting. She generally is good at these classes, but this wasn't the normal one that we go to so she lost interest very quickly. By the end of the class, I was worn out from chasing and trying to contain her, but it was still a great time. Tuesday evening, we left Chloe with her Grammy again while we went and enjoyed dinner in Nashville with some other Chick-fil-A owners. Around midnight, we all woke up and gathered in the basement due to the tornado sirens going off. We camped out in the bathroom with pillows and flashlights for a good 30 minutes until we got the all clear. Luckily, Chloe went right back to bed and the rest of us were back to sleep by 1:30 or so. It was a scary night due to the weather, but thank God we avoided what could have been much worse and what was devastating to other parts of TN.
On Wednesday, I had the better part of the day to myself. I forgot how easy it is to run errands and how quickly it goes when you are without a child in tow. I had the best time going to the DMV (who can say that?!?), Mom's group, lunch, and to some area schools on business for CFA. Usually, I would have never have even attempted to tackle such things with little Chlo-Bo.
Sadly, on Thursday, we had to drop my mom at the airport. I hated to see her leave as I was really enjoying her company, and the fact that she was getting some one-on-one with Chloe. However, I am fully back to myself now with as much energy as I can have while chasing a very busy toddler and being pregnant.
I think today we will tackle the grocery store...dear Lord please don't let it be another escapade as it was 2 weeks ago!
Oooh, I almost forgot...the highlight of my week was being able to take 2 naps that were about 2 hours each!!! I haven't taken a nap since before Chloe was born so that was amazing...it's the little things, right?!?

No comments: