Friday, January 25, 2008

Chloe, Niagara Falls, and the Exorcist

Chloe coloring a picture to send to Uncle Jordan



Out like a light...can you tell how much she has grown?


So this morning was very uneventful....Chloe was playing quietly with her books and toys, I was able to check and reply to a few emails, and things were going so smoothly that I decided to load her up and head to the grocery store (aka Wal-Mart). I had to go at some point today because we have been out of bread and cheese for days now and those are the two main staples in our house right now.



Anyways, the trip was very uneventful until I started shopping for care package items to send to Jordan. Then, all h*ll broke loose! Chloe started getting really restless in the shopping cart - as in she was trying to climb out as I'm pushing her around the store. Then all of a sudden she starts coughing a little - okay, no big deal...but that's when trouble started! All of a sudden, Niagara Falls was coming out of her mouth. Yes, she vomited all over herself, the floor, the groceries, my purse, my shoes, etc... Poor thing looked like something from the Exorcist! It was utterly disgusting. Luckily though there were 2 Wal-Mart employees standing right at the end of the aisle. I started trying to wave them down using my arms and my voice to say "Excuse me..." Do you think they heard me??? NO!!! Either that or they saw what happened and chose to ignore me. I was trying to be a good customer and let them know that someone needed to come and mop up the floor, but instead, I ended up grabbing a towel off of the shelf and mopping up Chloe and the floor with it. UGH!!!



So, we fast-forwarded through the rest of the trip and made it to the check-out counter where I proceeded to tell the clerk that I had to use a towel to clean up vomit as 2 employees ignored me and I had no other choice. Her response....? Just hold it up and I'll scan it with my gun. What?!? Are you kidding me? Had your employees responded to my call for help, I wouldn't have needed to use the towel. Well, she made me pay for that darn towel anyways! Had I known that, I would have picked a more plush, absorbant one...and definitly a prettier color. Oh well...I guess we can call it even as when she picked up the box of mashed potatoes (no, I'm no Betty Crocker so I don't make real potatoes) she placed her hand on a ton of puke that I had not seen to wipe up. HAHAHA!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Kelly,
How terrible! How is she feeling now? Did she just get sick from coughing or is it a tummy bug? Either way no fun for Mommy or Chloe. You've got to love the folks at Walmart. Tomorrow try returning it. See if they take it back. They seem to take everything else back :) Hope all is well now!
Amy

Kimberly said...

Hey Kelly I am loving your blog! I hope that Chloe is ok after the Wal-Mart trip. She doesn't look like a baby anymore; more like a little girl now. Hopefully I will do a blog when this month calms down. Have a good week!
~Kim~