Sunday, January 20, 2008

Chloe: The GOOD, The BAD, and the Oh, So CUTE!


Despite everything I got for Christmas, this is my new favorite toy!


Giddy'up Mr. Zebra


Who needs a fork when I have 2 hands?!? Aren't I funny?



So this is a relatively new thing for us to be doing, but what a great way to keep in touch with everyone. Since all of our family lives out of state, and my brother is in Iraq, this is an easy way for everyone to see what's going on with Chloe (and the rest of us too.)

Unfortunately, Chloe and I have been under the weather all week, so we are taking a hiatus from church today. I think she is on the mend though and although I still feel terrible, I am functioning better than I did yesterday. I tell you, David earned the "Father and Husband of the Year" award yesterday. I could hardly even get out of bed and he took care of everything for me...right down to breakfast in bed, doing dishes, and cooking dinner. What a blessing!!!


So the latest with Chloe...she is going through a stage of screaming and tantrums right now that we could all use a little prayer about. I would love to blame it on her recent cold, or at the very least her cutting her two bottom molars, but it actually started before she got sick. I have started time outs, but for now, they are done in vain I think. However, persistence will pay off and I will win this battle (I hope!) I mean, I am the adult here, right?!? In the mean time though, any advice from seasoned parents or encouragement from anyone going through the same thing would be greatly appreciated.

On the lighter side of things, Chloe is growing like a weed! She is out of most of her 12 month shirts and is finally fitting into her 12-18 month pants! The child has finally started to grow again! She looks less and less like a baby now and more like a little girl. She understands a ton of words and phrases and can point to about anything we ask her to. If she's in the mood, she will even do what we ask of her..."Chloe, get your baby doll," "Chloe, pick up your blocks." She also has the most contagious giggle ever! It is soooo cute! Her diet right now consists of milk, cheese, yogurt, applesauce (in different flavors), grits, oatmeal, grilled cheese, some baby food veggies still, and that's truly about it! Oh wait, on a good day, she will eat chicken. She is the pickiest eater ever!!! However, I've found something that makes me feel less guilty about the fact that she won't eat veggies or fruit very much and that is V8 Fusion. It provides a full serving of veggies and fruit in every cup...and guess what!!! She LOVES it!

Well, there's the first entry. What do you think? Hopefully we can keep this up. I mean, soon enough, there will be yet another baby to blog about - if I have the time! Keep me in your prayers this week as Wednesday we go back to the OB for another appointment. I'll be getting another ultrasound to check the baby for growth and a heartbeat. Please pray that this baby will grow and develop properly. I'm so nervous about Wednesday for some reason. I'll update you after the appt. Until then, here's are a few pictures of our current little angel.
















No comments: